Understanding your water bill shouldn't be like reading hieroglyphics. Below is an explanation of what you will see on your bi-monthly water bill.
- Service Period - Unless otherwise indicated in "service period" on the statement, the bill is for two months of water service (60) days.
- Water & Delivery Charge - Charge for actual water used during the previous two months, based upon the total number of units registered by the meter. (One unit equals 748 gallons or 100 cubic feet.)
- Service Charge - Charge based upon the size of the water meter that covers costs associated with providing water to the serviced property. It includes routine maintenance of the water distribution system and is not based on water consumption.
- Establishment Fee - One-time non-refundable fee for costs associated with opening an account in the customer's name. This fee appears on the customer's first bill.
- Fire Service Charge - Charge assessed to customers who have fire suppression service that is separate from their water meter. This charge is based upon the size of the fire service. Please call Customer Service for more information at (949) 494-1041.
- Adjustments - Any correction or adjustment made to an account.
- Amount Due from Previous Bill - Any unpaid balance due on your account.
- Due Date - The bill is due and payable upon presentation and becomes delinquent 21 days after date of invoice.
- Payment Methods -Payments are accepted at the District office in the form of cash, check, or cashiers check. Check payment should be mailed to P.O. Box 987, Laguna Beach, CA 92652, and will be applied to the account the day they are received. Credit card payments and Autopay registrations are accepted through the online Customer Connect Portal.
Questions or disputes regarding your bill?
- Submit your request for an investigation in writing or call Customer Service at 949-494-1041 within twenty (20) days of receipt of your bill.
- If the Customer Service Supervisor determines that an investigation is warranted, your service will not be terminated until the investigation has been completed and you have been notified of the District's decision. You will then be given an opportunity to pay the bill to avoid termination of service.
- If dissatisfied with the explanation, you may appeal to the General Manager in writing.
- If still dissatisfied, you may appeal to the Commission within five (5) days in accordance with the District policy on Appeals.
- Delinquent Notice - The billing charges become delinquent if not paid by the due date listed on the bill. Delinquent charges are assessed a delinquent fee and a Delinquent Notice listing a new due date is sent.
- Final Notice of Termination - If the water charges are not paid by the due date listed on the Delinquent Notice, a Final Notice of Termination will be delivered to the property and a Final Notice fee will be assessed to the account. The Final Notice lists a final due date before the water service is terminated for non payment.
- Avoiding Service Termination - Customers unable to pay the balance by the date listed on the Final Notice can avoid service termination by contacting Customer Service at 949-494-1041, and entering a Payment Plan Agreement for the outstanding charges.
- Restoring Water Service - If water service is terminated for non-payment, a reconnection fee is assessed to the account. To restore water service, the customer must pay the outstanding charges including the reconnection fees before service is restores. Customers unable to pay the outstanding balance and reconnection fees, may have the water service restored after entering a Payment Plan Agreement and providing an upfront payment of 25 percent of the outstanding charges.
District's Policy on Discontinuance of Service for Residential Accounts
Para obtener una copia en español de la política del Distrito sobre la interrupción del servicio para cuentas residenciales, comuníquese con Servicio al Cliente al 949-494-1041.
Upang makakuha ng isang kopya ng Tagalog ng Patakaran sa Distrito sa Discontinuance of Service for Residential Account's, makipag-ugnay sa Customer Service sa 949-494-1041.
Để có bản sao tiếng Tây Ban Nha của chính sách Quận huyện về việc ngừng cung cấp dịch vụ cho các tài khoản dân cư, vui lòng liên hệ với Dịch vụ khách hàng theo số 949-494-1041.
거주지 계정 서비스 중단에 대한 교육구 정책의 스페인어 사본은 949-494-1041로 고객 서비스에 문의하십시오.
Quick Facts Regarding your Bill
- What Payment Options does the District offer? - The District offers the following methods of payment: Cash, Check, Cashiers Check, and Autopay. The District accepts Credit, Debit, and Rewards Card payments and eChecks through our Customer Connect Portal.
- Billing Period - Unless otherwise indicated in the section titled Service Period on your water bill, the District bills for two months of water service (60) days.
- Where should I make my payment? - All payments should be made at the District's office or by U.S. Mail.
- Can I make a payment during non-business hours? - Yes, there is an overnight drop box located at the front entrance of the District's headquarters or through the Customer Connect Portal.
- When is my water bill due? - The bill is due and payable upon presentation and becomes delinquent 21 days after date of invoice. If the bill remains delinquent after the noticed final date for payment, water service may be terminated without further notice in accordance with the District's Residential Service Disconnection Policy. Upon termination for nonpayment, water service will be restored only after full payment is made of all outstanding water charges and reconnection fees or if the customer agrees on a Payment Plan Agreement.
- Is there a payment grace period? - There is no grace period. Payment is due on the date that appears on the bill.
- Late Charge Reversal - A one-time reversal can be given on a late charge.
- How do I start and/or discontinue service? - To start or discontinue service, please call customer service at (949) 494-1041.
- How many gallons of water are in one billing unit? - 1 billing unit equals 748 gallons or 100 cubic feet.
- For additional customer service information - Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions link located in the navigation bar on the left.